Sunday, February 8, 2009

Big post today

Hi all,

well - I have been busy again! I have been feeling rather inspired, perhaps because the drugs have finally WORKED, and I am feeling better than I have in 6 months (YAY!!!!) OR it could be because I finally managed to find the top of my craft desk...


I had forgotten what it looked like (and BOY was it dusty and dirty...)

I have been working on whittling down the UFO pile.... that is the UnFinished Objects(d'art) pile, in an attempt to make some room for the upcoming soul retreat at which I will create like a madwoman!

So what have I amanged to achieve??? Let me show you!

This was the pin swap that I blogged about back in June, that have been sitting in a bag in the UFO pile for 7 months (and I might add that that is by no means the project that has been in there the longest...). They got their own hanger that I made from a braces clip (spotlight and grunged) with the last of the crowns I had floating around....

The next UFO to get treatment was a Zettiology themed book I did for the PaperArts group.


This one dated from May 2008, and needed to be "bound" in some manner. A bit of 7gypsies tape and VIOLA! Another tick!

Next up was the VicStampers Collaborative Book....


The covers I had been given had a different number of holes from the pages.... so it couldn't be bound like the others. The answer - rusty wire (like duct tape this stuff holds my universe together).

The PaperArts Christmas swap needed to be framed and hung...

The faux laundry hanger was one of 4 that I bought on the net from the US, back when the Aussie $$ was high. *sigh* those were the days...

Next up is a gothic arch book (i was going through a verdigris phase in June last year... still am as you will all see in a future post). covers:

my page:

Again all that was required was binding... I am feeling a common theme in my UFO pile.... unless I was subconsciously cherry-picking the easy stuff (which on reflection may have been the case).

Lastly is a jigsaw swap for paperqueens:

I had to redo 3 of the jigsaw pieces as they had become damaged in transit (one irreparably so). The redone ones were the middle, middle right and bottom left... the bottom right was my original piece for the swap. I have glued the whole lot onto a backing board now so I can do "something else" with them.

I mentioned soul retreat earlier in this post, and for Teresa who was bagging me out yesterday because I couldn't remember my class schedule, I am booked for the following classes: Saturday- Art Journal with DJ Petit;
Sunday- Stephanie Lee Chain Gang;
Monday - Bernie Berlin Profound Secrets...

I can't wait - although I have to spend some time putting my class supply lists together very shortly (like today). I am not sure what I do and don't have in my stash - and may have to go shopping very soon to fill the holes (what a shame).

Phew!!! go and get a cup of coffee girls (& boys?), and then come back for the next installment!

5 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

WOW Miss Liz - you put us all to shame with your productivity! I love what you've done. I can't believe you have anything else to talk about, but I'm waiting for your next post with baited breath.

LizzieA01 said...

god, you are quick of the mark!
I loved your post on Jen's class yesterday...

NessH said...

Liz...glad to see the drugs have kicked in!!! now about piles of UFO..I have a tonne if u want to travel to QLD to help me..haha..
thanks for sharing.

Jen Crossley said...

Gorgeous work Liz you have been a busy bee
Jen

Joanne said...

I got a couple of those hangers locally, I think they were $6.50.