Sunday, February 8, 2009

Big post today #2

Welcome to part 2 of my (catch up) blog post for today...

The first 2009 VicStampers meeting was held at Beachhouse Boulevard last Sunday. The meetings are being held in shops alternating between the east and west side of the city this year which seems to have invigorated the membership a bit based on the numbers last weekend. We all had a great time catching up for the new year, and had some new faces at this meet which was really nice:

Monika did some great demos on watercolours, masks and (my favourite) the tattered angels glimmer mists:

(please note the vigorous bottle shaking going on here - papercrafts exercise 101)

The mask she is using here is the new Heidi Swapp 12" x 12" mask... can't wait for these to come in!

I have also managed to complete the first of my 2 entries for the new Beachhouse Boulevard kit competition. Here is a sneak peek of the finished product:

I am really pleased with the way this one has turned out... I could be spending the winning $25 voucher on a Heidi Swapp mask! More importantly though, I haven't done any sort of scrapbooking for ages, and it was great to get started on it again... I used some of the great shots I took at the farm in January.

I was at Beachhouse Boulevard during the week, and helped Monika re-jig (technical term) a class for a card holder. I used the gorgeous new Kaiser Argentella range to decorate it...

The cardfile is in 12 parts so that it can become a "birthday cardfile" that I can fill with birthday cards as required... ahead of time, an unusual concept for me!!! Monika will be running classes to help me fill it as I could always do with inspiration when it comes to cardmaking... she has some exciting things planned on that front, so keep an eye out for updates.

top up that coffee everyone, there is another post coming!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous Liz.....very productive (and in that heat!LOL)